Developing your cloud champions
Cloud Champions, how important are they?
Why do you need cloud champions in your organisation?
This is the million dollar question, and perhaps when we get to the end of this answer, it might be worth that and more to you.
Firstly, the reason I am writing about this is because, of recent, we have had a lot of enquiries about this particular topic.
More specifically, how do we make the transition into the cloud and what opportunities are we missing.
I’m not talking about the first step a lot of companies have made either. When I refer to the “First Step”, I’m talking about becoming a Xero/Quick Books/MYOB certified partner. A lot of accounting firms have taken this first step. With it has come some perks, and benefits.
I’m sure you don’t need me to point out the obvious perks that come with partnering with software giants Xero/QB/MYOB, each have their own unique partner programs and the perks improve as you bring more clients across to their respective solutions. If you are new to the ecosystem, hop onto there respective websites and sign up to become a partner.
The more obvious benefits are listed below, courtesy of the three biggest software companies.
Xero suggests the following:
- You have a clear overview of your current financial position, in real-time.
- Multi-user access makes it easy to collaborate online with your team and advisors.
- Automatic updates mean you can spend more time doing what you love.
- Everything is run online, so there’s nothing to install and everything is backed up automatically. Updates are free and instantly available.
- Upfront business costs are reduced – version upgrades, maintenance, system administration costs and server failures are no longer issues. Instead, they are managed by the cloud service provider.
Quickbooks agrees with the above and also states that it allows:
- Owners more flexibility, making them more mobile.
- Increases accuracy with bank feeds, that allow for automated entries and less data entry which is often error prone.
- The internet is universal, and has less compatibility issues when it comes to sharing and collaborating.
MYOB adds a further dimension to the above by enabling both an online and offline hybrid with its MYOB accountright line. Allowing you to work offline, and the next time you are online it automatically syncs the information.
Most of the above is the typical line that is sold to you as a end user or professional advisor.
However I would like to challenge you to think beyond the accounting software and help you understand the REAL power of Cloud based solutions. The real power is in the myriad of ADDON’s.
The Real Power
Let me put this into perspective. You probably have a smartphone or know someone who does. To most people they are absolutely indispensable. Imagine your iPhone without Facebook, Youtube, safari, or any apps?
The smartphone is useful as a phone. But the real power of is brought out by the myriad of apps. In essence these apps bring out the real power of the device.
In the next few weeks as I answer this question about cloud champions. I will explore with you the benefits of the addons, and how they are what brings out the real power of these cloud accounting solutions. Further to this, I will discuss how important it is to ensure your team is well trained, and knows how to identify opportunities within your own organisation.
So stay tuned as we cover this in depth.
My partner in crime Jeri Murphy is also running a program on how to develop cloud champions in 7 days, so feel free to check that out over here.
Learn How to Find the Right AddOnSolution for Your Business in 7 Days!
Subscribe to receive our guide on how to find the right AddOn solution for your business in 7 days. You will also receive our monthly newsletter on all the latest news, reviews and comparisons from the Xero ecosystem. We will never share your details. We hate spam too!